August 19
Dear little family,
Greetings from dear old Saigon. Hope you are all well and happy. I got your letter of the 15th today and of course I was glad to get it, even if the girls did write their sad tale of woe about the rags and hairy legs. Cheer up, it can only get better. And think of all the space in your closet and that big, clean room.
Darling, I will try to write you personal notes from time to time but usually it will be "family" letter. By the time you read this you probably will be back from Jubilee tired and excited and all worn out but I hope you have a ball. It should be in the new building this time. I'll be thinking of you.
And I'm sure Carol was excited about her trip too. I'll be waiting to hear from her.
I love your poem you sent and I'll try to remember it.
I took those 3 Church News that you sent with me Sunday and I thought there would be a fight over them. They were "new" to everybody and you are doing something to send them.
Don't you believe that I'm rich. Like I wrote, my living expenses are almost exactly $2 a day, there are at least 12 days to payday and I have $24.35.
I really don't think you should worry about your colored hostesses now. You are getting plenty of parties now without them and I don't want you to be pushing hard. Next spring if it looks like you could, and would want to be promoted will be plenty of time to go back and work them. That joke about the anti-litter campaign was __________. I told it to a couple of guys and they laughed.
Well, news is short and I'm tired so I'll stop for now. Remember, I love you all.
Love and kisses, Daddy
No comments:
Post a Comment