Dear Y'all
How are you all today? Mean and ornery or good and sweet? Got your letter today written last Saturday. Mother said it was the 8th and Nancy said the 7th. I'm glad you agreed on the day of the week anyway. And was I ever surprised. A letter from the boy 2 days in a row!! That's wondrous.
I hope your eye is OK now, Mother. I won't be surprised at anything that happens to the bunch of you from now on, First Carol's toe, now Mother's eye, next Jimmy will probably break his arm by running into an elephant on his bicycle. Who cleans up Chipper's mess?
I got 3 or 4 big brown envelopes including the info on the food. Is that the one you were referring to? Do you want me to send it back to you?
Sorry I failed to comment on the Roadshow pictures. I did enjoy them, the costumes looked real sharp, even the Grandmother.
You said not to jay-walk in traffic here, that is the only way to cross the street most places as there are few lights. But even the trucks watch for pedestrians. The confusion at corners is something to behold. First the biggest and loudest horn all determines right-of-way.
It is raining now and has since noon. I guess it's making up for 3 days it didn't.
But the way, I will be transferred Monday to the Tan Son Nhut school so on my address where "KC" is now, put "TSN". I don't know what my job will be yet, maybe the same thing. It is a lot bigger school with about 180 instructors to our 40. Probably within 2 or 3 months this whole "KC" operation will be turned over to Army & Navy anyway so I'm just as glad. It will be a 25-30 minute bus ride instead of 10.
Sweetie, a maid to make the bed and shine shoes is OK but a wife is still better. As for the rest, you are attractive enough to catch and hold me and I wouldn't want you too slender. I might roll on top of you in bed and smother you. Besides, if you love me that's what really counts, anyway.
I finished reading the books I had & today got "A Bell For Adano". That should be a good one.
It's amazing what you find in reading the scriptures. Read Luke 1:59-66. Bro. & Sis. Johnson are still there, eh. He is a likeable old (and smart) guy. Tell them I said "Hi".
Well, today ends that first month and only 11 more to go.
If you haven't found my Patriarchal Blessing, look in the pockets of my black briefcase, also the small brown one. No, I didn't have one at the office.
Well, it's dinner time so I'll close for now and go out in the rain. Luckily, its only 50 feet to the other door.
I love you all. Be sweet and be careful.
Love & Hugs,
Daddy
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Note: According to my diary entry..."Mom got pecked in the eye on Friday and almost went blind."
I have no recollection of anything named "Chipper".

No comments:
Post a Comment