Tuesday

10 August 1970

10 August

Dear Family,

Happy me, I got 2 letters today besides the Church News envelope. It is so good to get letters from you, especially when several of you write. It sounds like you all had a ball at the state park. Wish I could have been there too. I'll be waiting to see the pictures.

By now, Youth Conference is over so I'll be looking for a report on that, too.

Susie, work hard at that Sunday School job. I know you can do it, even the percentages.

Sounds like you had quite a storm. Did you also get a storm from the one that left so much rain in Savannah? It is raining here now. Seems like we get a rain every day, sometimes two. Sometimes it just starts raining but often there is a lot of wind before.

I sure hope the brakes on Carol's car hold out now. That can get aggravating besides dangerous. Carol, that is good advice about keeping your speed down. You know I can't help you if you get hurt and I don't need to worry about you either. And use that seat belt. That goes for Mother, too!

I really appreciate the Church News that you sent. I had said you might get me a separate subscription but that's not really necessary. But I do enjoy reading them and will take them to church when I finish.

Your deal with Daddy sounds O.K. just be sure that you pay him back A.S.A.P. I had told you about Master Charge but I guess I should have written it down.

Hey Boy - what got into you to make you ride your bike all over town and then tell a story? I hope you won't try that again soon. You are supposed to help Mom, not give her extra troubles. 22 licks sounds about right for that kind of a stunt, doesn't it? I'd say that is enough to show that she loves you.

Nancy, they show a movie almost every night right here in the hotel. But you know, Old Dad hasn't seen one yet. Last week they had "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid". Mostly I listen to my radio, read and write letters to you. It is so nice to have time to read just because I want to instead of "Have-to".

Mother, don't worry about that foot spray. Like I wrote a few days ago, I don't have any trouble now. I have been having a rash under my arms but got some calamine lotion and that is helping. I shaved them and I think that's what started it. When you send the camera, put in my blue Church Handbook #20. It's probably in my briefcase. Also, if the branch has gotten their new supplies for the new year, try to get me a priesthood and S.S. lesson manuals.

By the way, Nancy, those peanut butter cookies were great. Either them or snickerdoodles would be OK.

Carol, I wish you would drive Mom's car more often, even when you don't have to. Some time you may need to use it and it would be lots better if you are familiar with it.

Yes, I moved to a different room from what I was in at first. This one has good plumbing, better furniture and of course I put curtains on the window, the ones I made of towels.

I don't expect any money problems this month. Of the $80 I got, I still have $42 left. All my bills are paid so that leaves me about $2 each day. It takes $1.40 a day for meals and .10 cents for my paper. That leaves me a spare dime or 2 for a root beer sometimes. I hope you can do as well. With several parties, that should help. I don't really mind you picking up bottles. Like you said, it was something different to do.

I'll close for now and write a special letter to Mother. You all be sweet and good. I miss you very much.

Love,

Your Old Dad

-------------------------------------------------

This is a picture taken the day Mom took us to Reed Bingham State Park for the afternoon.  Nancy is sitting in the front and then that's me and Clayton behind her.

No comments:

Post a Comment