17 August
Dear Family,
Today I got three letters from you and you bet! that made me happy. Today has been a long, busy day for me as it was my first day at TSN. I still don't have a job for sure but may take over the audio-visual department including a learning laboratory with 120 tape deck teaching machines. It is a big operation with 5-8 people working for me but won't know for sure until tomorrow so more on that later.
Chalk up another one for the postal system. On the day I mailed that letter to the Fords, I also sent one to you, your folks and my mom. I dropped all four in the box at the same time.
I just don't know what to think about getter a letter almost every day from the man of the house. But I'm glad for them. I couldn't tell from that clipping though where he will go to school but it sounds like Silas Mahone again.
It sure is a shame that Carol took all of you girls good clothes with her. Did Bro. Barlow take a trailer to haul them? I hope she got off all right. Actually, she should be arriving shortly after I am writing this. $120 should be enough for her. When will she be home, about the 28 or 29th?
That sure is some wild stationery you are using, Mother. Why don't you check with Sears for a cassette type tape recorder and see what they ask? Who checked yours out, did you try Leo's where we got the refrigerator? If not, try them first.
About those ants, I'm sure the rain is the big cause. Did that dust that I bought ever get spread? If not take a tin can and punch holes in it so it can be shook out like a salt shaker. Dust it all over under the house, specially around all the posts and pipes that they can crawl up. Be careful not to breathe too much and wash real good with soap afterward.
When I went to that Mexican joint I was with 3 guys I work with. I haven't been back since. All the K.P.'s are hired civilians but they have a big machine that washes and sterilizes the dishes. We eat from Melmac trays here.
By the way Peanuts, I didn't mean to slight you with that remark about your brother writing every day. It's just that you have done it from the very first and I just expect a letter from you everyday. I just didn't know such "Brains" lived at my house to win such a fabulous prize. After that, you both better be "Straight A" students this year. And don't throw those records away, maybe there are some that the mortician would appreciate.
What did I just write about being careful in cleaning out the gutter? You see, I can almost picture what is happening. Maybe you should have tied a rope around her neck for safety if she slipped. Just wait until I get my hands on that Carol. Imagine!! She said I had a "cute, pudgy" face. Where does she think she got her good looks from?
If Crest is the answer to dental bills, you better by a case of it and eat it for breakfast.
Jimmy, how come you didn't just pick those big, hairy worms off the azalea bushes and step on them. By the way, how is your friend Mr. Mitchell. Do you visit with him a lot?
Mother, is it true that you just nag, nag, nag? You know you shouldn't do that. Unless they need it of course.
Did the Fords drive to New Jersey? I'm looking forward to a letter from them.
I guess Carol could waited until the second time Clayton called. But that's her problem. I sure hope you have gotten the brakes on the Redbug fixed by now. I know it can be annoying. They should have put on new brake linings when they fixed the leak.
Did you buy Zachary some liver when you sold her child? You had better treat her good.
It has been almost cold here the last couple of days. It was down to about 70 degrees this morning. Of course it has rained or been cloudy for three days now. They say March and April when it gets real dry are the hot months, sometimes 110 degrees or more.
Well, I'm about written out and its time for bed, 8:30 p.m., so I'll close for now. I love each one of you and miss you so very much. See you tomorrow - in another letter.
All my love,
Dad
No comments:
Post a Comment