Dear Family,
How is y'all tonight? Still smiling like in the picture here in front of me? I sure hope so.
As for me, I feel bushed tonight. I went over to the church this afternoon and did some research on membership records. With bus ride both ways, that killed the afternoon and I didn't even get a nap. I felt like I could use one today, too, I had to run off a drunken Australian and a sailor who wanted to fight outside my room last night and that disturbed my rest.
There wasn't much mail today and I didn't get a letter from you but had 2 yesterday with one postmarked Aug. 7 so I can't complain.
I can't think of a thing to write about except my love and concern for you all, so I think I'll just call this a "note" and close for now. Time for bed, see you tomorrow.
All my love,
Daddy
-------------------------------------------
This is the picture dad was referring to. I believe this was made after the celebration of Grandmother and Granddaddy McGhee's 60th wedding anniversary celebration.

No comments:
Post a Comment