13 August
Dear Family,
Got your letter today that was written last Friday and I was real glad to hear from you, even that long letter from the man of the house.
Poor Nancy, it sure is a cold, cruel world for 14 year olds these days. But Peanuts, remember it can only get better when things are so bad. Next year will be your big turn for all the nice things. And even your mean old Dad will be home.
You said to get a can of Lysol spray to use in the bathroom after my roommate uses it, well, I have never seen my roommate. He doesn't have anything at all there, just pays the hotel fee each month so his C.O. won't get after him.
Sure glad you passed your driver test, it would be bad if you had to walk or let Carol drive you around.
Don't be too surprised and unhappy if you don't hear from Dave & Erma. You know how I am about writing and I would guess that they are much the same. George should be home by now and I know that makes Lynn happy. Their boys didn't act too bad at the airport, but you could tell the difference between them and Joyce's. Eileen is 13 I think and she really wanted to talk to me a lot. She seemed like a real good kid but Joyce said she was the typical teenager (dates, clothes, etc.) and they had some disagreements. Joyce & Bob are trying to buy a house in the country.
We got the news today that, starting Monday, Aug 17 we (AF) will go to 1 shift a day here at Koepler. That will probably mean that some of the supervisors will be transferred to TSN, and since I am the junior MSgt that may include me. I don't think that I will mind that. I would still live the same place, etc, just catch a different bus to work is all.
Well, that's about the news for today. Pass around a hug from me. Stay sweet, I love you all.
The Old Man,
Daddy
---------------------------
"Peanuts" was dad's nickname for Nancy for as long as I can remember.
No comments:
Post a Comment