Monday 24 August 1970
Hi, Y'all
Today was much mail day so now I'd better answer. I got 2 from you, 1 from Sgt. Wood and one from your folks. I'm sure glad you are selling all the kittens and have some money to spend. You had better be feeding Zack some liver once in a while.
Sounds like a pretty new dress you got, Mother. Would you believe I haven't had civilian clothes on since I left Mom's. We can't wear them any place. After I move out to the barracks I can wear them on that little place, but not to TSN or any place where I'm on civilian property. Of course, I don't expect to go much of any place except to Church.
Sweetie, I'll let you decide what you want to do in the Woman's Liberation Movement, but since you are already Mother and Father you can't gain much either way.
Well, did you kids have nightmares from "Jack the Giant Killer" this time? I hope not. If Jimmy made 33 cookies and they were as big as Nancy said, that must have been a lot of cookies. I still haven't received my "care" package, but it takes 10-15 days and this is only a week today.
Boy, you had better be careful about giving all your bottles away.
Did you get your hair cut real short again, Mother? You must all be sporting crew-cuts by now.
I'm glad you had a good party at Moody, but don't let all those compliments go to your head. And thanks for all the gossip too. Sgt. Wood didn't say anything about a stabbing. You seem to do pretty good at collecting news outside the Wives Club.
You can be bet your last nickle I don't write you any letters at midnight. I try to be in bed by 9 p.m. as 5 a.m. comes early 6 days a week.
You remember everybody told you it would take a year to recover fully from the operation. Don't try to hurry the exercises, they can come later. You are the prettiest girl that ever walked to me anyway so don't worry about the rest.
No, I never got that anniversary card you are talking about. Maybe it was on that plane that ditched. It would have been about that time.
Well, it's about bedtime and I am tired so I'll close for now. Be sweet, I love you all.
Your Daddy, Jim
No comments:
Post a Comment